Many thanks

General Posts:
fritzofpeace

Many thanks

Post by fritzofpeace » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:53 pm

I've never contributed more than a few mediocre skins, but I've reaped a grand harvest of good times from all the creativity of you guys. My main connection to the game has been my attempts to make short films for a guy who worked on SNJ's, PBY's, and Beech 18s during WWII, aka my Dad. He's not so up for such viewing anymore. A recent attempt to add a map resulted in inability to run any map at all in the game, and I realize it's time to let it go.
Thank you all for the beautiful work.
Bless you all.
Barnesy
Site Admin/FM Team

Re: Many thanks

Post by Barnesy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:38 pm

sorry to see you go fritz go with care and i hope all goes well for you
cheers barnesy :)
Uzin

Post by Uzin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:35 pm

fritzofpeace wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:53 pm
A recent attempt to add a map resulted in inability to run any map at all in the game, and I
If you need any help with map making, inserting and so on, I can try to help you.
Mick

Post by Mick » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:44 am

fritzofpeace wrote:
A recent attempt to add a map resulted in inability to run any map at all in the game, and I realize it's time to let it go.
... you should have backed up your ini files, prior to installing the new map ... ;)

Most probably an .ini problem, including the Allini one at the root of the "Maps" folder, nothing that can't be repaired ... ;)
Last edited by Mick on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
slipper
Site Admin/FM Team

Post by slipper » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:00 am

all the best fritz, it can be frustrating when things like that happen, only last year I ended up deleting a folder full of mods I was working on by accident. Whatever you decide i wish you the best. Take care

regards

slipper
dr strangelove
FM Modding Expert

Post by dr strangelove » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:43 pm

fritzofpeace wrote:
I've never contributed more than a few mediocre skins, but I've reaped a grand harvest of good times from all the creativity of you guys. My main connection to the game has been my attempts to make short films for a guy who worked on SNJ's, PBY's, and Beech 18s during WWII, aka my Dad. He's not so up for such viewing anymore. A recent attempt to add a map resulted in inability to run any map at all in the game, and I realize it's time to let it go.
Thank you all for the beautiful work.
Bless you all.
fritzofpeace, just you being here is great for me, i understand the map not working may have made you feel bad & driven you away.
it's definitely a real pain when something we do stops the game working properly & happens to us all & i think we all get that same horrible feeling.

if you are at the point where you need to let it all go i understand but if its connected to map maybe we can help fix it ?

if you do decide to go i'll miss you :(
Statistics are BS ! ... don't trust them
Online Servers http://il2.com.ru/en/links.php
AleXServer Dogfight Server IP = 217.78.176.50:21000 (by HL or Direct Connect)
Ice_Eagle
FM Special Modder

Post by Ice_Eagle » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:03 pm

Yep if it's a matter of maps and you cant figure it out it's best to copy and save your map mods folder to somewhere else then start a fresh mapmods folder. Then add you maps back one by one until you find the offender. Cheers buddy.
Akrivós epeidí chásate to spíti sas den simaínei óti boreíte na ourísete stin avlí mou

Return to “Pilot's Pub”