Fw190A cowl ring details not showing

Request your IL2 Skins here:
Bestekampfpilot58

Re: Fw190A cowl ring details not showing

Post by Bestekampfpilot58 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:34 am

Hey Barnesy,

Thanks for the feed back, appreciate it! As I've made clear, Gimp is still giving me fits with
it's idiosyncratic behavior!! But, I'm working things out. I did take a fair amount of time off
from Gimp because of dry eyes and a few other issues...I'm getting there, but slowly!
When I figure some steps out, like clear stencils and markings, and high lighting the planes
that I'm working on, then I should be able to produce some work that I'm happy with..
I'm still looking at doing a skin(s) for one of your reworked Bf109G-K series that you did
last year..
Cheers!
Transit umbra, lux permanet

Horrido!
Bestekampfpilot58

Post by Bestekampfpilot58 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:26 am

Hey Gents,

I have a update that you should know about, as of September 16th my picture hosting site, Tinypic will be closing down! :(
Also I found out today, that last Tuesday, 8-20-19 NO new uploads would be accepted there...So, I will have to change to Photobucket
some time in the near future..I will NOT post any new images until well into September, as I will have to reconstruct these
web pages that will be missing ALL their images!! :( :o Tinypic doesn't support bulk down loads at their site, still NOT too big a deal!
JUST SLOW!!

SO, here is what I'm planning for the near future (September) since I'm getting BETTER with Gimp( :D ) I've been working on a new Bf109G-6
profile, a profile for the Fw190A5_Prototype for the FW190A-9, and I MAY be able to crank out a Ta_152 while I'm at it!! I also intend to buy some
blueprints for the Bf110-c, The Zero A6m5, and the Brewster Buffalo (One of my favorite planes!) I want to paint the Buffalo in the markings
of Finnish Ace Hans Wind. I also had been wanting to buy some blue prints on the P51 Mustang from the Aero publisher in Australia, but the
Mustang blueprints are no longer listed? These are my intentions, if the creek doesn't rise, etc! ;)
Anyway, Cheers!

Horrido!
Barnesy
Site Admin/FM Team

Post by Barnesy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:11 am

um try post image org bestekampf they are free and dont come with all the photobucket money grubbing horse shit !
like down sizing your images when they feel like it.
adding their own crap watermark to YOUR! image
while anyone who is looking at your images has to view their adds not yours
all the while reducing the amount of free image storage started out as like half a gig or so
now down to a few MB but you can add more if you pay us as well
just a pack of corporate assholes soon to be out of business ! i hope
cheers barnesy :D

https://postimages.org/
Bestekampfpilot58

Post by Bestekampfpilot58 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:35 am

Hey Barnesy,

I totally concur with your assessment of the money-grubbing antics of photo bucket! Disgusting!! :evil: 🤑

I noticed that yesterday ALL of my images have gone 'POOF!' because of the website tinypics closing down.
I'm looking around for a viable replacement for Tinypics, not sure which site to use of the MANY that I've found. :?: :?

I did take a gander at postimages.org, but while reading thru their terms of use section I found some thing that
I thought was unsettling! 👎 Go here, https://postimages.org/terms, and read under Legalese (inspired by Imgur terms of use)
where it says: "With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant PostImage a
non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display
online and in any present or future media") This license continues AFTER you no longer use their site! No!, I don't think so!
I do NOT want anyone making copies of my work and then using it for profit OR non profit, unless I give my permission to do so!
I ALWAYS read THE FINE PRINT!! 🔍 I may just open up my own small website, load my images there, and then link my images from there to
FreeIL2modding....Of course having my own website complicates matters significantly, and will take quite a bit more time before I can
load any of the old images OR new images back..Yes, I'm still picking things over with Gimp! Anyways, just a heads-up!
Cheers! 👍

Horrido!
Mick

Post by Mick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 am

... still today, Photobucket keeps spamming my mailbox with alarming messages that my account is about to be deleted (since I didn't pay for what was free until now ...) and bla, bla, bla ... :roll:

I don't even care to reply to theses crooks, that lured me into their alleged "free" site, and someday decided that not only was new content not free anymore, which I can understand, BUT also ALL I uploaded there BEFORE they decided it was not free anylonger ... :twisted:

Regarding postimages.org terms of contract, there's a modern saying that goes:

"... when it's free, YOU are the product ...!" :mrgreen:
Bestekampfpilot58

Post by Bestekampfpilot58 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Hey Mick,
there BEFORE they decided it was not free anylonger ... :twisted:
Yeah, it's ALWAYS about the shekels, innit!? I read some where YEARS ago about a
dedicated, HARDCORE Money Grubber, who would not sneer at the idea of picking
a farthing from a dung heap(💩) with his TEETH, as LONG as it was FREE!!! :o :mrgreen: :!: :twisted:
Sad, f-uped world we live in......🤑
Cheers!

Horrido!

Return to “Skin/Template Request”