Fw190A cowl ring details not showing

Request your IL2 Skins here:
Bestekampfpilot58

Re: Fw190A cowl ring details not showing

Post by Bestekampfpilot58 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:13 am

Hey Guys,
I wasn't too happy with some of the Fw190s that I drafted up in the past, some of the details on the Fw190s are messed up, (I think so) and
none of them have a picture with a landing gear..
SO, I was looking around hither and yon trying to find GOOD intel on better, more accurate details, AND a CLEAR side view
of the Fw190 landing gear extended..
I didn't find much, but I did manage to cobble together a rough view of the Fw190D-9 with the landing gear extended..
I think it looks 'OK',? :? I HOPE the main gear angle is right? I want to in future to fit ALL the planes that I draft up with a extended
landing gear..
I wanted to paint up in Gimp a view of the Fw190a or D in a parked position, with canopy open, and with stains and grease on the aircraft
to make it more immersive..I'm getting close to doing that, but I NEED good intel, which is the bane of this type of work..You know the
old saying?, 'garbage in garbage out!.. :lol:

Anyway, I'm still picking at Gimp! :( ;)
Cheers!

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Horrido!
Ice_Eagle
FM Special Modder

Post by Ice_Eagle » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:41 am

Akrivós epeidí chásate to spíti sas den simaínei óti boreíte na ourísete stin avlí mou
Bestekampfpilot58

Post by Bestekampfpilot58 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:33 am

Ice_Eagle, Mick,
Thanks guys for the info!! 👍 Some of the planes I recognized, some I did not..
I did manage to find what I was looking for to discover that the angle of the
Fw190 landing was just a tad off, not even worth bothering to fix, at least from the
the source that I used..I hope it's accurate!?
I'm going to see if I can run these two Fw190d's through Gimp, and see what I can churn out?
Hope for the best! :shock:
THANKS again guys!! 8-)
Cheers! 🖖

Horrido!
Bestekampfpilot58

Post by Bestekampfpilot58 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:57 am

Hey guys,

So it looks like I FINALLY managed to get the ALL layers in my Fw190D-9 drawing to show in the background layer? :D :o :shock: :lol:
Does this look right?, WHY are the colors so muted? When I'm done working on this Fw190D, then I merge all the
layers into one, right? I've tried different settings for opacity with some weird results!! I also changed the foreground color in the
background layer to a light gray which helps to make the stencils layer 'pop' out some..Any comments, suggestions, ideas?

This was only a TEST drawing, when I get my technique 'perfected' then I can do some GOOD! work!!
But, Man! Gimp is HARD to use!! Whooo!!! :evil: :!: I almost quite using it last night, but gave it one more chance, after I found a
website that explained things a little differently..

Anyways, Cheers!

Horrido!

Return to “Skin/Template Request”